- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
New For This Edition: Equine Myofascial Massage - This new chapter will explain the nature and the importance of the fascia system in the musculoskeletal fitness of the horse, will introduce some basic myofascial massage movements, and a simple and efficient myofascial massage routine to complement the regular massage routines presented throughout the book. Equine TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) Dysfunction Syndrome - This new chapter will describe the nature of this condition, its symptoms, the structures afflicted, and will offer a preventive massage program. Features 5 new photos and 7 new illustrations. Equine Muscular Compensation Phenomenon - This new chapter offers a detailed evaluation of the muscular compensation seen in the working horse at different gaits: walk, trot and canter. Features 8 new illustrations. Saddle Fitting - This new chapter will give detailed information on the various issues seen with ill fitted saddles and their negative influence of the horse's musculature. Features 3 new illustrations. Anatomical Diagram - This new, overall anatomical diagram will illustrate approximately 200 points of anatomy.
1. Anatomy and Physiology of the Horse.
2. The Horse and Massage Therapy.
3. Principles and Concepts of Massage.
5. Massage Techniques.
6. Massage Routines.
7. Kinesiology of the Horse.
9. Conformation Check-up Routine.
10. Body Parts and Their Stress Points.
11. Equine Myofascial Massage.
12. Equine Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome (ETDS).
13. Lines of Compensation.
14. Saddle Fitting.
15. Areas of Stress Specific to Each Discipline.
16. Keeping Records.
Posted September 10, 2012