Essays on Religion and Education / Edition 1by R. M. Hare
Pub. Date: 11/28/1992
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
R. M. Hare is one of the most widely discussed of today's moral philosophers. In this volume he has collected his most important essays in the related fields of religion and education, some newly published and others now inaccessible.
- Oxford University Press, USA
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.63(w) x 8.75(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Simple Believer
Appendix: Theology and Falsification
2. Religion and Morals
3. Are there Moral Authorities?
4. Euthanasia: A Christian View
5. How did Morality Get a Bad Name?
6. Satanism and Nihilism
7. Adolescents into Adults
8. Autonomy as an Educational Ideal
9. Value Education in a Pluralist Society
10. Language and Moral Education
Appendix: Rejoinder to G. J. Warnock
11. Platonism in Moral Education: Two Varieties
12. Why Moral Language?
13. Opportunity for What? Some Remarks on Current Disputes about Equality in Education
References and Bibliography
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >