Tim Hill is a private math tutor based in Las Vegas, Nevada. When he's not crunching numbers, Tim plays poker, hikes canyons, and avoids malls.
Essential Algebra: A Self-Teaching Guideby Tim Hill
- Teaches general
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
This no-nonsense guide provides students and self-learners with a clear and readable study of algebra's most important ideas. Tim Hill's distraction-free approach combines decades of tutoring experience with the methods of his old-school Russian math teachers. The result: learn in a few days what conventional schools stretch into months.
- Teaches general principles that can be applied to a wide variety of problems.
- Avoids the mindless and excessive routine computations that characterize conventional textbooks.
- Treats algebra as a logically coherent discipline, not as a disjointed collection of techniques.
- Restores proofs to their proper place to remove doubt, convey insight, and encourage precise logical thinking.
- Omits digressions, excessive formalities, and repetitive exercises.
- Covers all the algebra needed to take a calculus course.
- Includes solutions to all problems.
1. To the Student
2. A Few Prereqs
6. Linear & Quadratic Equations
7. Inequalities & Absolute Values
8. Coordinates in a Plane
9. Functions & Graphs
10. Straight Lines
13. Types of Functions
15. Dividing Polynomials
16. Systems of Linear Equations
17. Geometric Progressions & Series
18. Arithmetic Progressions
19. Permutation & Combinations
20. The Binomial Theorem
21. Mathematical Induction
22. Problems & Solutions
- Questing Vole Press
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 1 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >