Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians / Edition 2by Terry Lake, Nicola Green
Pub. Date: 10/06/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Learn to easily master the types of veterinary nursing calculations you will face on the job with Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians, 3rd Edition. From basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics, this useful text covers all aspects of calculations as applied to veterinary nursing. Readers will benefit from the text’s common/b>
Learn to easily master the types of veterinary nursing calculations you will face on the job with Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians, 3rd Edition. From basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics, this useful text covers all aspects of calculations as applied to veterinary nursing. Readers will benefit from the text’s common sense approach to clinical situations, and complete the book knowing how to use calculations to determine dosage rates, anesthetic flow rates, radiography exposure rates, parenteral nutrition, and more. User-friendly features include simple language, detailed explanations, ample examples, and special author guidance so that content is easy to follow and understand. Plus, the text’s abundance of learning features such as self-assessment questions, clinical hints, and tips help clarify important concepts and ensure that you have mastered everything you need to make calculations in the day-to-day clinical environment.
• Self-test sections with clinical hints and tips ensure retention of core concepts.
• Mathematical explanations using veterinary terms presents all principles in a manner that directly pertains to the veterinary field.
• Comprehensive content covers everything from basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics so users have everything needed to succeed in calculations for veterinary nursing and technology.
• Dimensional analysis bridge method removes the necessity of memorizing formulae and takes advantage of simplifying equations so that calculators are often unnecessary.
• NEW! Reviewed and updated drugs throughout the book provide dosage calculations that coincide with drugs currently used in the field for the most clinical relevance.
• NEW! Additional math problems housed on the Evolve companion website offer substantial additional practice.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.90(w) x 7.30(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
1.Calculations Involving Fractions
2.Decimals and Percentages
4.Ratio and Proportion
6.Clinical Applications of Basic Principles
10.Clinical Problems Using Dosage Calculations
12.Clinical Problems Using Solutions
14.Constant Rate Infusions
16.Clinical Problems Using Dilutions
17.Anaesthesia, Radiology and Nutrition Applications
18.Statistics and Quality Control
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >