Written by foremost experts in the field, the 3rd Edition of Essential Clinical Procedures presents the latest common diagnostic and treatment-related procedures that you need to know as a physician assistant! Clear and concise, this medical reference book leads you step-by-step through over 70 techniques commonly seen in primary care and specialist settings, equipping you to deliver the best and safest care to your patients.
• Visualize procedures and other important concepts clearly through over 300 high-quality illustrations.
• Ensure the safe execution of procedures with a focus on patient preparation and the proper use of instruments, as well as highlighted warnings to alert you to potential dangers that can occur when performing various treatments.
• Be fully prepared for any situation with guidance on the possible complications, rationales, and precautions behind many common procedures.
• Understand the ins and outs of nonprocedural issues, including informed consent, standard precautions, patient education, and procedure documentation.
• Get all thehands-on guidance you need to provide safe and effective care to your patients with Essential Clinical Procedures!
• Understand the "must-know" aspects of the most commonly seen conditions with a systematic presentation featuring consistent headings and supporting color images.
• Quickly access core information through high-yield margin notes and consistent formatting across all chapters.
• Stay abreast of the latest procedures with a brand-new chapter and images on Reduction of the Shoulder/Finger Subluxations, plus many other updates throughout.
• Access the fully searchable text onlineatwww.expertconsult.com!
REVIEW OF THE PREVIOUS EDITION:
"Congratulations are in order for University of Iowa faculty David Asprey and Richard Dehn...this text is the first clinical procedures text for PAs that has been published, likely filling a need in the clinical education arena. Congratulations to both Asprey and Dehn!"- Physicians Assistant Newsletter