- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A 25-year history of teaching college English
The authors’ goal with Essential College English has remained true—to show the logical correlation of grammar, mechanics, and composition. Hallmarks of the text are the authors’ inviting tone and the complete, clear treatment of the rules of grammar and punctuation.
Building on the success of previous editions, the seventh edition offers a stronger set of tools for students and instructors:
An online writing practice system with better practice exercises, MyWritingLab makes students better writers for college and life. The mastery-based format allows multiple attempts so students can learn from previous attempts and build a solid foundation of writing principles.
More features of MyWritingLab include:
Visit us at www.ablongman.com
1. Subjects, Verbs, and Complements.
2. Parts of Speech.
5. Sentence Types, Sentence Variety, and Sentence Combining.
7. Identifying and Correcting Sentence Fragments.
8. Identifying and Correcting Fused Sentences and Comma Splices.
9. Pronoun and Case Reference.
10. Adjectives and Adverbs.
II. PUNCTUATION AND MECHANICS.
14. Quotation Marks.
15. Capitalization and Italics.
17. Other Marks of Punctuation.
18. Spelling and Style.
Answers to Practice Sentences and Editing Practice