- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Essential Environment: The Science behind the Stories, Fourth Edition engages students with integrated central case studies that provide students with a tangible framework for understanding science in a brief 18-chapter text. Jay Withgott and new co-author Matt Laposata present the latest coverage of environmental science and introduce new FAQ sections to address common student misconceptions. With over 50 new MasteringEnvironmentalScience™ activities written by the authors, your students will arrive better prepared for class.
0321752546 / 9780321752543 Essential Environment: The Science behind the Stories with MasteringEnvironmentalScience
Package consists of:
0321752902 / 9780321752901 Essential Environment: The Science behind the Stories
0321754077 / 9780321754073 MasteringEnvironmentalScience with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- Essential Environment: The Science behind the Stories
I. FOUNDATIONS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
1. Science and Sustainability:An Introduction to Environmental Science
2. Environmental Systems: Chemistry, Energy, and Ecosystems
3. Evolution, Biodiversity, and Population Ecology
4. Species Interactions and Community Ecology
5. Environmental Economics and Environmental Policy
II. ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND THE SEARCH FOR SOLUTIONS
6. Human Population
7. Soil, Agriculture, and the Future of Food
8. Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
9. Forests, Forest Management, and Protected Areas
10. Environmental Health and Toxicology
11. Geology, Minerals, and Mining
12. Fresh Water, Oceans, and Coasts
13. Atmospheric Science and Air Pollution
14. Global Climate Change
15. Nonrenewable Energy Sources, Their Impacts, and Energy Conservation
16. Renewable Energy Alternatives
17. Managing Our Waste
18. The Urban Environment: Creating Sustainable Cities.
Epilogue: Sustainable Solutions