- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chicago, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Building on the proven strength of Russell''s step-by-step problem-solving approach, Essential iGenetics blends a classic, Mendel-first approach with modern molecular coverage. This easy-to-read introduction to genetics presents full coverage of the subject in a brief and manageable format. Readers develop and apply critical thinking skills as they work step-by-step through a number of solved genetics problems. Readers can also apply the principles and techniques learned to a variety of problems at the end of each chapter. The book covers basic genetics principles, with balanced coverage of Mendel, historical experiments, and cutting-edge chapters on Genome Analysis and Molecular Evolution. For anyone interested in genetics.
1. Genetics: An Introduction.
2. Mendelian Genetics.
3. Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance, Sex Linkage, and Sex Determination.
4. Extensions of Mendelian Genetic Analysis.
5. Gene Mapping in Eukaryotes.
6. Gene Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophages.
7. Non-Mendelian Inheritance.
8. DNA: The Genetic Material.
9. DNA Replication.
10. Gene Control of Proteins.
11. Gene Expression: Transcription.
12. Gene Expression: Translation.
13. Recombinant DNA Cloning Technology.
14. Applications of Recombinant DNA Technology.
15. Genome Analysis.
16. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria and Bacteriophages.
17. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes.
18. Genetics of Cancer.
19. DNA Mutation and Repair.
20. Transposable Elements.
21. Chromosomal Mutations.
22. Population Genetics.
23. Quantitative Genetics.
24. Molecular Evolution.