- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This new edition provides a basic introduction to nuclear physics and the interactions of radiation and matter. The authors also provide comprehensive coverage of instrumentation and imaging, with separate chapters devoted to SPECT, PET, and PET/CT. Discussion of radiation biology, radiation safety and care of victims of radiation accidents completes the text, with an appendix containing the latest NRC rules and regulations.
Essential Nuclear Medicine Physics presents difficult concepts clearly and concisely, defines all terminology for the reader, and facilitates learning through extensive illustrations and self-assessment questions.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Basic Nuclear Medicine Physics.
2. Interaction of Radiation with Matter.
3. Formation of Radionuclides.
4. Nonscintillation Detectors.
5. Nonimaging Scintillation Detectors.
6. Imaging Instrumentation.
7. Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT).
8. Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
9. Combined PET/CT Imaging.
10. Quality Control.
11. Radiation Biology.
12. Radiation Dosimetry.
13. Radiation Safety.
14. Management of Nuclear Event Casualties.
A. Common Nuclides.
B. Major Dosimetry for common pharmaceuticals.
C. Sample Calculations of the S Value.
D. Guide to nuclear regulatory commission (NRC) publications.