Robert Greenberger is the creator of Comics Scene, the first national magazine covering comic books, comic strips, and animation. He has worked for DC Comics and Gist Communications, and he served as director of publishing operations for Marvel Comics. Greenberger is the author of numerous novels, including adventures set in the Star Trek universe, and is the news editor for the trendsetting online popular culture site ComicMix. He lives with his wife, Deb, in Fairfield, Connecticut.
The Essential Superman Encyclopediaby Robert Greenberger, Martin Pasko
His incredible powers are legendary, his famous red-and-blue costume is unmistakable, and the S-shield emblazoned across his chest is iconic. Born Kal-El on the doomed planet Krypton, rocketed to Earth, and raised by the kindly Kents, he/b>
NO X-RAY VISION? NO PROBLEM! LOOK WITHIN THE GUIDE THAT REVEALS ALL ABOUT THE WORLD’S GREATEST SUPER HERO!
His incredible powers are legendary, his famous red-and-blue costume is unmistakable, and the S-shield emblazoned across his chest is iconic. Born Kal-El on the doomed planet Krypton, rocketed to Earth, and raised by the kindly Kents, he was destined to battle evil as Superman, the Man of Steel. Here’s your guide to absolutely everything about the high-flying hero who’s been thrilling comics fans for more than seventy years—an amazing A-to-Z compendium that spans the spectrum of all things Superman, including
• Superman’s debut in the now legendary Action Comics #1
• biographies of all the classic Superman characters: Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Jor-El and Lara, Jonathan and Martha Kent, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and the supporting ladies in Superman/Clark Kent’s life—including Supergirl, Lana Lang, and Lori Lemaris; plus Superboy, Krypto the Super-Dog, and the Man of Steel’s many diabolical archenemies, from Brainiac and Doomsday to Darkseid, Bizarro, and the mischievous Mr. Mxyzptlk
• Superman’s membership in the Justice League of America alongside the likes of Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash; his early adventures as Superboy; his numerous incarnations across the multiverse of worlds; and the stunning “Death of Superman” storyline that rocked the comics world
• classic black-and-white comic book artwork throughout, two sixteen-page full-color sections, and an original cover painting by DC fan favorite Ryan Sook
Co-written by Robert Greenberger, author of The Essential Batman Encyclopedia, and veteran Superman comics and TV scripter Martin Pasko, with an Introduction by award-winning Superman scribe Geoff Johns, this fact-packed vault of a volume will be the go-to guide to the celebrated Man of Tomorrow for ages to come.
- Random House Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.30(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >