Essentials of Biochemistry / Edition 1by Charlotte W. Pratt, Kathleen Cornely
Pub. Date: 10/17/2003
* Retains core topics of biochemistry, using real examples of chemical reactions and
This new biochemistry text features a modern, chemical approach, always explaining the underlying chemistry of key biochemical molecules and reactions while taking advantage of recent developments. Features a true thematic and modern approach with a strong emphasis on research.
* Retains core topics of biochemistry, using real examples of chemical reactions and molecular structures.
* Emphasis on depth of coverage, rather than breadth.
* Integrated media provides review of difficult concepts, molecular structure tutorials, and interactive animations.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book With CD
- Product dimensions:
- 8.84(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.32(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: MOLECULAR STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION.
Chapter 1: The Chemical Basis of Life.
Chapter 2: Aqueous Chemistry.
Chapter 3: From Genes to Proteins.
Chapter 4: Myoglobin and Hemoglobin: A Study of Protein Structure and Function.
Chapter 5: Cytoskeletal and Motor Proteins.
Chapter 6: Chymotrypsin: A Model Enzyme.
Chapter 7: Enzyme Kinetics and Inhibition.
Chapter 8: Biological Membranes.
PART II: METABOLIC REACTIONS.
Chapter 9: Overview of Mammalian Metabolism and Free Energy.
Chapter 10: Glucose Metabolism.
Chapter 11: The Citric Acid Cycle.
Chapter 12: Oxidative Phosphorylation.
Chapter 13: Photosynthesis.
Chapter 14: Lipid Metabolism.
Chapter 15: Nitrogen Metabolism.
Chapter 16: Regulation of Mammalian Fuel Metabolism.
PART III: MANAGEMENT OF GENETIC INFORMATION.
Chapter 17: DNA Replication.
Chapter 18: Cancer and DNA Repair.
Chapter 19: Transcription and RNA.
Chapter 20: Protein Synthesis.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >