Essentials of Contemporary Business Law with Total Law CD-ROM / Edition 1by Henry R. Cheeseman
Pub. Date: 10/19/1998
Designed for concise courses in Business Law, this one-semester book employs all of the features found in books written for the traditional two-semester course. It features superior cases that grab and retain readers' attention as well as Working the Web sections in each chapter, offering students the opportunity to explore websites relevant to legal/u>/b>/i>… See more details below
Designed for concise courses in Business Law, this one-semester book employs all of the features found in books written for the traditional two-semester course. It features superior cases that grab and retain readers' attention as well as Working the Web sections in each chapter, offering students the opportunity to explore websites relevant to legal studies in business.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.00(w) x 9.99(h) x 1.36(d)
Table of ContentsUNIT I. THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. Critical Legal Thinking and the U.S. Constitution.
2. Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business.
3. Judicial, Alternative, and International Dispute Resolution.
4. Intentional Torts, Negligence & Strict Liability.
5. Intellectual Property Rights.
6. Criminal Law and Business Crimes.
UNIT II. CONTRACTS.
7. Nature and Classification of Contracts.
8. Agreement and Consideration.
9. Capacity and Legality.
10. Defenses to the Enforcement of Contracts.
11. Third-Party Rights and Discharge of Contracts.
12. Contract Remedies and Torts Associated with Contracts.
UNIT III. COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS.
13. Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts.
14. Performance of Sales and Lease Contracts.
15. Warranties and Product Liability.
16. Creation and Transfer of Negotiable Instruments.
17. Holder in Due Course, Liability, and Defenses.
18. Checks, Wire Transfers, and the Banking System.
19. Credit, Suretyship, and Secured Transactions.
20. Bankruptcy and Reorganization.
UNIT IV. BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
22. Sole Proprietorships and Franchises.
23. Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies.
24. The Nature, Formation, and Financing of Corporations.
25. Rights, Duties, and Liability of Corporate Directors, Officers and Shareholders.
26. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Termination of Corporations.
27. Securities Regulation and Investor Protection.
UNIT V. PROPERTY.
28. Personal Property and Bailments.
29. Real Property and Landlord-Tenant Relationship.
30. Insurance, Wills, and Trusts.
Appendix A: Critical Legal Thinking Cases.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >