The Cross-Battery Assessment approach—also referred to as the XBA approach—is a time-efficient assessment method grounded solidly in contemporary theory and research. The XBA approach systematically integrates data across cognitive, achievement, and neuropsychological batteries, enabling practitioners to expand their traditional assessments to more comprehensively address referral concerns. This approach also includes guidelines for identification of specific learning disabilities and assessment of cognitive strengths and weaknesses in individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Like all the volumes in the Essentials of Psychological Assessment series, Essentials of Cross-Battery Assessment, Third Edition is designed to help busy practitioners quickly acquire the knowledge and skills they need to make optimal use of psychological assessment instruments. Each concise chapter features numerous callout boxes highlighting key concepts, bulleted points, and extensive illustrative material, as well as test questions that help you to gauge and reinforce your grasp of the information covered.
Essentials of Cross-Battery Assessment, Third Edition is updated to include the latest editions of cognitive ability batteries, such as the WISC-IV, WAIS-IV, and WJ III COG, and special purpose cognitive tests including the WMS-IV and TOMAL-II. This book now also covers many neuropsychological batteries such as the NEPSY-II and D-KEFS and provides extensive coverage of achievement batteries and special purpose tests, including the WIAT-III, KM-3, WRMT-III and TOWL-4. In all, this book includes over 100 psychological batteries and 750 subtests, all of which are classified according to CHC, and many according to neuropsychological theory. This useful guide includes a timesaving CD-ROM, Essential Tools for Cross-Battery Assessment (XBA) Applications and Interpretation, which allows users to enter data and review results and interpretive statements that may be included in psychological reports.
- Clear guidance on integrating cognitive, academic and neuropsychological tests
- Expert advice on identifying specific learning disabilities
- Conveniently formatted for rapid reference
Other titles in the Essentials of Psychological Assessment series:
- Essentials of Specific Learning Disability Identification
- Essentials of WAIS-IV Assessment, Second Edition
- Essentials of WISC-IV Assessment, Second Edition
- Essentials of WJ III Tests of Achievement Assessment
- Essentials of Processing Assessment
- Essentials of WJ III Cognitive Abilities Assessment, Second Edition
- Essentials of School Neuropsychological Assessment, Second Edition
- Essentials of Evidence-Based Academic Interventions