Essentials of Dental Assisting / Edition 5by Debbie S. Robinson, Doni L. Bird
Pub. Date: 10/26/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Fully updated to include the latest procedures and trends, this practical resource focuses on the core clinical skills and knowledge you need to become a practicing dental assistant. The concise, full-color text has been specifically designed and written to help you easily grasp important DA information. And step-by-step procedures, application exercises, and a… See more details below
Fully updated to include the latest procedures and trends, this practical resource focuses on the core clinical skills and knowledge you need to become a practicing dental assistant. The concise, full-color text has been specifically designed and written to help you easily grasp important DA information. And step-by-step procedures, application exercises, and a wealth of pedagogical aids ensure that you master all the necessary skills.
• Focus on Clinical Dental Assisting provides essential information on the core skills and procedures needed to become a practicing dental assistant.
• Approachable writing style ensures that you have a full understanding of text content.
• Easy-to-follow organization offers 29 succinct chapters that move from profession basics and sciences to infection control, chair-side treatment foundations, and patient care in general and specific dentistry.
• Step-by-step procedures of skills dental assistants must master feature a consistent format that includes a goal, equipment, chronological steps, and rationales.
• Procedure icons clearly indicate what issues/things must be identified when performing various core procedures.
• Ethical implications are featured at the end of each chapter’s narrative to touch on important ethical considerations related to the chapter material.
• NEW! Content incorporates additional information on dynamic areas such as HIPAA laws and implications, digital imaging, dental materials, and caries prevention.
• NEW! Expanded and updated artwork focuses on newer products, materials, and equipment to remain current with technological advances in the modern dental office.
• NEW! Online student exercises on Evolve include crossword puzzles, and exercises on labeling, procedure-ordering, and instrument identification.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
PART 1: The Profession
- Introduction to Dental Assisting
- Professional and Legal Aspects of Dental Assisting
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Anatomy
- Disease Transmission
- Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials
- Surface Disinfection and Treatment Room Preparation
- Instrument Processing
- Clinical Dentistry
- Moisture Control
- The Dental Patient
- The Dental Examination
- Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
- Pain and Anxiety Control
- Radiation Safety and Production of X-Rays
- Oral Radiography
- Preventive Care
- Coronal Polishing and Dental Sealants
- Instruments, Handpieces, and Accessories
- Restorative Materials
- Restorative Procedures
- Impression Materials and Laboratory Procedures
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- The Job Search
PART 2: The Sciences
PART 3: Infection Prevention and Hazardous Materials
PART 4: Dental Treatment
PART 5: Patient Care
PART 6: Dental Imaging
PART 7: Preventive Dentistry
PART 8: Restorative Dentistry
PART 9: Specialized Dentistry
PART 10: Preparation for Employment
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >