Essentials of Emergency Care: Refresher for EMT-B / Edition 3by Daniel Limmer EMT-P, Michael F. O'Keefe, Robert J. Elling, Bob Elling
Pub. Date: 11/28/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Designed for experienced EMT-Bs, this book thoroughly but concisely covers topics related to the infrequently used skills and knowledge required for a re-certification exam. It also provides new information and skills in chapters discussing such topics as medical and legal issues; the human body; lifting and moving; assessment of trauma, medical,/b>/b>
Designed for experienced EMT-Bs, this book thoroughly but concisely covers topics related to the infrequently used skills and knowledge required for a re-certification exam. It also provides new information and skills in chapters discussing such topics as medical and legal issues; the human body; lifting and moving; assessment of trauma, medical, pediatric, and geriatric patients; communications and documentation; general pharmacology, respiratory and cardiac emergencies; allergic reaction; bleeding and shock; soft tissue injuries; infants and children; ambulance operations; and gaining access and rescue. For emergency medical technicians.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book and CD
- Product dimensions:
- 8.26(w) x 10.76(h) x 0.83(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to EMS Systems.
2. Well-Being of the EMT-Basic.
3. Medical/Legal and Ethical Issues.
4. The Human Body.
5. Lifting and Moving Patients.
6. Airway Management.
7. Scene Size-Up, Initial Assessment, Baseline Vitals, and Sample History.
8. Assessment of the Trauma Patient.
9. Assessment of the Medical Patient.
10. Assessment of Pediatric and Geriatric Patients.
11. Communication and Documentation.
12. General Pharmacology.
13. Respiratory Emergencies.
14. Cardiac Emergencies.
15. Diabetic Emergencies and Altered Mental States.
17. Poisoning & Overdose Emergencies.
18. Environmental Emergencies.
19. Behavioral Emergencies.
20. Obstetrics and Gynecology.
21. Bleeding and Shock.
22. Soft-Tissue Injuries.
23. Musculoskeletal Injuries.
24. Injuries to the Head and Spine.
25. Infants and Children.
26. Ambulance Operations.
27. Gaining Access and Rescue.
28. Special Operations.
29. Advanced Airway Management.
Appendix A: Research in EMS.
Appendix B: National Registry Practical Examination.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >