Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Imaging: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 6by Fred A. Mettler Jr., Milton J. Guiberteau
Pub. Date: 01/25/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, by Drs. Fred A Mettler and Milton J Guiberteau, provides the practical and comprehensive guidance you need to master key nuclear imaging techniques. From physics, instrumentation, quality control, and legal requirements to hot topics such as sodium fluoride, radiopharmaceuticals, and recommended pediatric administered doses
Essentials of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, by Drs. Fred A Mettler and Milton J Guiberteau, provides the practical and comprehensive guidance you need to master key nuclear imaging techniques. From physics, instrumentation, quality control, and legal requirements to hot topics such as sodium fluoride, radiopharmaceuticals, and recommended pediatric administered doses and guidelines, this sixth edition covers the fundamentals and recent developments in the practice of nuclear medicine. This excellent resource in nuclear medicine also features access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com, high-quality images, and unknown case sets for self assessment.
• Get comprehensive coverage of key techniques such as PET/CT, cardiac-gated SPECT, and tumor-specific radionuclides, as well as Cerebrovascular System, Cardiovascular System, Conventional Neoplasm Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy, and Positron Emission Tomography Imaging.
• Reference practical clinical guidance at a glance from important "Pearls and Pitfalls" in each chapter and. helpful appendices including Injection Techniques, Pediatric Dosages, Non-radioactive Pharmaceuticals, and many more
• Assess your understanding with a section of Unknown Case Sets-expanded in this edition.
• Find information quickly and easily with a full-color format.
• Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
• Apply the latest best practices thanks to extensive updates of clinical guidelines that reflect recent changes in the practice of nuclear medicine, including the use of sodium fluoride (F-18 FDG for infections and Na F-18 for skeletal imaging), suggested radiopharmaceuticals for imaging various types of tumors, and imaging procedures and new classification schemes for pulmonary embolism.
• Effectively use PET/CT in imaging neoplasms with coverage of the most current indications.
• Manage radition safety concerns using quality control procedures for hybrid imaging equipment, patient and radiation safety checklists for I-131 therapy for hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer, and recommended pediatric administered doses and guidelines.
• Get a clear view of the current state of imaging from high-quality images - 35% new to this edition.
A practical and comprehensive reference for nuclear medicine.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 10.50(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
1. Radioactivity, Radionuclides, and Radiopharmaceuticals 2. Instrumentation and Quality Control 3. Central Nervous System 4. Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Salivary Glands 5. Cardiovascular System 6. Respiratory System 7. Gastrointestinal Tract 8. Skeletal System 9. Genitourinary System and Adrenal Glands 10. Non-PET Neoplasm Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy 11. 18F-FDG PET/CT Neoplasm Imaging 12. Inflammation and Infection Imaging 13. Authorized User and Radioisotope Safety Issues Self Evaluation Section Unknown Case Sets Answers to Unknown Case Sets
Appendix A Characteristics of Radionuclides for Imaging and Therapy
Appendix B-1 Radioactivity Conversion Table for International System (SI) Units (Becquerels to Curies)
Appendix B-2 Radioactivity Conversion Table for International System (SI) Units (Curies to Becquerels)
Appendix C-1 Technetium-99m Decay and Generation Tables
Appendix C-2 Other Radionuclide Decay Tables
Appendix D Injection Techniques and Pediatric Dosages
Appendix E-1 Sample Techniques for Nuclear Imaging
Appendix E-2 Abnormal Radiopharmaceutical Distribution as a Result of Medications and Other Extrinsic Factors
Appendix F Nonradioactive Pharmaceuticals in Nuclear Medicine
Appendix G Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Appendix H-1 General Considerations for Hospitalized Patients Receiving Radionuclide Therapy
Appendix H-2 Special Considerations and Requirements for Iodine-131 Therapy
Appendix I Emergency Procedures for Spills of Radioactive Materials
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >