Essentials of Nursing Research: Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice / Edition 8by Denise F. Polit, Cheryl Tatano Beck
Pub. Date: 02/01/2013
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
This eighth edition of Essentials of Nursing Research, written by AJN award-winning authors, along with its accompanying Study Guide for Essentials of Nursing Research, student learning ancillaries, and instructor teaching materials present a unique learning-teaching package that is designed to teach students how to read and/i>/i>… See more details below
This eighth edition of Essentials of Nursing Research, written by AJN award-winning authors, along with its accompanying Study Guide for Essentials of Nursing Research, student learning ancillaries, and instructor teaching materials present a unique learning-teaching package that is designed to teach students how to read and critique research reports, and to appreciate the application of research findings to nursing practice.
New to this edition:
- New text organization with separate sections on quantitative and qualitative research offer greater continuity of ideas to better meet the needs of students and faculty.
- New online chapter supplements for every chapter expand student's knowledge of research topics.
- New chapter on mixed methods research, which involves the blending of qualitative and quantitative data in a single inquiry, responds to the surge of interest in this type of research
- Increased emphasis on evidence-based practice (EBP) especially in the areas of asking well-worded questions for EBP and searching for such evidence guides the reader from theory to application.
- Enhanced assistance for instructors with numerous suggestions on how to make learning about—and teaching—research methods more rewarding.
-New interactive critiquing activity, available on thePoint website, brings the Critical Thinking Exercises from the textbook to an interactive tool. The new format makes it easy for students to respond to the series of targeted questions about the Research Examples. Responses can be printed or e-mailed directly to instructors for homework or testing.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
Pt. 1 Overview of Nursing Research and its Role in Evidence-Based Practice
Introduction to Nursing Research in an Evidence-Based Practice Environment
Evidence-Based Nursing Practice: Fundamentals
Key Concepts and Steps in Qualitative and Quantitative Research
Reading and Critiquing Research Reports
Ethics in Research
Pt. 2 Preliminary Steps in the Appraisal of Evidence
Research Problems, Research Questions, and Hypotheses
Literature Reviews: Finding and Reviewing Research Evidence
Theoretical and Conceptual Frameworks
Pt. 3 Designs for Nursing Research
Quantitative Research Designs
Qualitative Designs and Approaches
Specific Types of Research
Pt. 4 Data Collection
Data Collection Methods
Measurement and Data Quality
Pt. 5 Data Analysis and Interpretation
Statistical Analysis of Quantitative Data
Rigor and Interpretation in Quantitative Research
Analysis of Qualitative Data
Trustworthiness and Integrity in Qualitative Research
Systematic Reviews: Meta-analysis and Metasynthesis
A The Relationships among Anxiety, Anger, and Blood Pressure in Children
B The Anniversary of Birth Trauma
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >