From sore shoulders to spinal cord injuries, Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition provides you with the knowledge you need to get your patients moving again. This practical and authoritative new edition delivers easy access to the latest advances in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders and other common conditions requiring rehabilitation. Each topic is presented in a concise, focused, and well-illustrated format featuring a description of the condition, discussion of symptoms, examination findings, functional limitations, and diagnostic testing. An extensive treatment section covers initial therapies, rehabilitation interventions, procedures, and surgery.
• Put concepts into practice. Practical, clinically relevant material facilitates the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal, pain, and chronic disabling conditions.
• Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of interventions such as physical agents and therapeutic exercise in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders that produce pain, impairment, and disability.
• Find answers fast thanks to a consistent chapter organization that delivers all the content you need in a logical, practical manner.
• Access the full text and image bank online at ExpertConsult.
• Get a broader perspective on your field from new chapters on Labral Tears of the Shoulder and Hip, Pubalgia, Chondral Injuries, Central Post-Stroke Pain (Thalamic Pain Syndrome), Chemotherapy-induced Peripheral Neuropathy, Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome, and Neural Tube Defects.
• Stay current with expanded and updated coverage of diagnosis, management and rehabilitation of Cervical Dystonia, Suprascapular Neuropathy, Epicondylitis, Temporomandibular Joint Pain, Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke, Adhesive Capsulitis of the Hip, and Adductor Strain of the Hip.
• Glean the latest information on hot topics in the field such as cancer-related fatigue, polytrauma, and traumatic brain injury
• Efficiently and expertly implement new ICD-10 codes in a busy outpatient setting.