- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
• Available with WebAssign Online Homework and Grading System
• Vibrant four-color design illuminates key concepts and improves students' comprehension of graphs and figures.
• Translating Words into Functions section illustrates how to translate a verbal description into a symbolic representation of a function and demonstrates these translations with actual calculus problems.
• Chapter Review Exercises include problems that focus on the algebra, graphing, and function theory, the sub-text of so many calculus problems. Review questions include conceptual fill--in-the-blank and true/false, as well as numerous thought-provoking exercises.
• The Calculus Preview found at the end of each chapter offers students a glimpse of a single calculus concept along with the algebraic, logarithmic, and trigonometric manipulations that are necessary for the successful completion on typical problems related to that concept.
• Provides a complete teaching and learning program with numerous student and instructor resources, including the Student Resource Manual, WebAssign Access, Complete eLearning Center, and • Complete Instructor Solutions Manual.
• Includes a new section on simple harmonic motion in Chapter 4.
• A new section of parametric equations, as well as a new calculus preview of 3-space, has been added to Chapter 6.
• Rotation of polar graphs is now discussed in Section 6.6
• The discussion of the hyperbolic functions in Section 5.4 has been expanded.
• Numerous new problems have been added throughout the text.
• The final exam at the end of the text has been expanded.