Eternal God: A Study of God Without Time / Edition 1by Paul Helm
Pub. Date: 06/12/1997
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Eternal God offers a powerful defence of the view that God exists in timeless eternity. This is the classical Christian view of God, but it is claimed by many theologians and philosophers of religion to be incoherent.
Table of Contents
1. The Issue of Divine Eternity
2. What is Divine Eternity?
3. Indexicals and Spacelessness
4. Eternity and Personality
5. Eternity, Immutability, and Omniscience
6. Timelessness and Foreknowledge
7. Omniscience and the Future
8. Divine Foreknowledge and Fatalism
9. Timelessness and Human Responsibility
10. Divine Freedom
11. Referring to Eternal God
12. And then....
13. Eternal Creation
14. The Two Standpoints
15. Time and Trinity
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >