Part I: Taking Stock.
1. Basics of Awareness: Knowing Yourself
2. Basics of Awareness: Privilege and Social Responsibility
3. The Process of Acculturation: Developing Your Professional Ethical Identity
Part II: The Nuts and Bolts of Psychotherapy Ethics.
4. The Ethical Culture of Psychotherapy
5. “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Therapy!”: Boundaries of the Psychotherapy Relationship
6. Confidentiality: A Critical Element of Trust in the Relationship
7. Informed Consent: The Three-Legged Stool
8. Making the Most of Supervision
9. Ending Psychotherapy: The Good, the Bad, and the Ethical
Part III: The Ethical Ceiling.
10. Putting It All Together: Toward Ethical Excellence
Appendix A: Possible Information to Be Shared with Clients
Appendix B: Policy Areas