- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Assuming no prior knowledge of the period, this engaging narrative history introduces readers to the central features and main developments of sixteenth-century Europe.
Table of Contents.
List of Maps and Tables.
List of Illustrations.
1. Time and Space: Living in Sixteenth-Century Europe.
2. Europe in 1500: Political Organization.
3. The Struggle for Italy.
4. The Winds of Change.
5. The Reformation.
6. Charles V and the Defense of Catholic Europe.
7. The Age of Religious War.
8. The French Wars of Religion.
9. The Dutch Revolt.
10. The Making of Protestant Britain.
11. Philip II and the Resolution of the Reformation Conflict.
12. New Worlds.
13. Eastern Europe.
15. Europe in 1600.
Appendix: List of Major Rulers.