Europe Unfolding: Research and Methods / Edition 2by John Stoye, Stoye
Pub. Date: 12/28/2000
The revised edition of this classic text covers both the turbulence of war which raged throughout this period, and explores how, alongside such turbulence, it was possible for some countries to both flourish and produce spectacular advances in art, science and thinking.
Table of ContentsList of Maps.
1. A New Stability at the Centre.
2. The Crises of Eastern Europe.
3. The Eclipse of France.
4. The Survival of Spain.
5. The Standstill of the North.
6. The Minor Experiments in Autocracy.
7. The Major Experiment: France.
8. The European Mind, 1640-70.
9. The Diplomacy and Warfare of Louis XIV, 1660-80.
10. The Ottoman Empire and its Impact on Europe, 1672-88.
11. The Uneasy Calm of Western Europe, 1678-88.
12. Epilogue: The Interlock of 1688.
The Ruling Dynasties.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >