Evaluation and Testing In Nursing Education: Second Edition / Edition 2by Marilyn H. Oermann, Kathleen B. Gaberson PhD, RN, CNOR
Designated a Doody's Core Title!
The second edition of Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education helps nursing educators measure and evaluate the level of learning that their students receive and aids them in altering their class plans. This award-winning book is the only book in nursing education that focuses entirely on evaluation and testing/i>/b>… See more details below
Designated a Doody's Core Title!
The second edition of Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education helps nursing educators measure and evaluate the level of learning that their students receive and aids them in altering their class plans. This award-winning book is the only book in nursing education that focuses entirely on evaluation and testing; explains how to prepare all types of test items; and explores how to assemble, administer, and analyze tests, measurement concepts, grading, and clinical evaluation.
Educators will learn the basics of how to plan for classroom testing, analyze test results, write all types of test items, incorporate methods for evaluating critical thinking, evaluate written assignments and clinical performance, and more. In addition, new content on development and evaluation of testing and distance education is included.
Directed toward teachers in nursing education programs and health care agencies, graduate students preparing for teaching roles, and nurses in clinical practice who teach others, this text is an essential resource for all health professionals involved in evaluation, measurement, and testing. This updated edition offers help with the many aspects of being a successful teacher of nursing.
In the Second Edition:
- New content on development and evaluation of testing and distance education
- Writing alternate item formats similar to the NCLEX
- Developing tests that prepare students for licensure and certification
- Strategies for evaluating different cognitive levels of learning
- Evaluating written assignments and sample scoring rubrics
- Up-to-the-minute information on testing in distance education environments with a special focus on internet and on-line based testing
Table of ContentsPreface
- Evaluation, Measurement, and the Educational Process
- Qualities of Effective Measurement Instruments
- Planning for Classroom Testing
- Selected-Response Test Items: True-False and Matching
- Selected-Response Test Items: Multiple Choice and Multiple-Response
- Constructed-Response Test Items: Completion (Fill-in-the-Blank) and Essay
- Evaluation of Higher-Level Learning, Problem Solving, and Critical Thinking: Context-Dependent Item Sets and Other Evaluation Strategies
- Test Construction and Preparation of Students for Licensure and Certification Examinations
- Assembling and Administering Tests
- Scoring and Analyzing Tests
- Evaluation of Written Assignments
- Clinical Evaluation
- Clinical Evaluation Methods
- Social, Ethical, and Legal Issues
- Interpreting Test Scores
- Program Evaluation
Appendix A: Examples of Rating Forms for Clinical Evaluation
Appendix B: Codes of Ethics in Testing and Educational Measurement
Appendix C: 9 Priniciples of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >