Event Planning Ethics and Etiquette: A Principled Approach to the Business of Special Event Management / Edition 1by Judy Allen
Pub. Date: 08/31/2009
- Explains how to establish policies and codes of
Event Planning Ethics and Etiquette provides event planners with the companion they need to stay out of trouble, keep professional relationships healthy and profitable, avoid the riskier temptations of the lifestyle, and win business in a highly competitive market using ethical business practices.
- Explains how to establish policies and codes of behavior, in the office and onsite at events.
- Offers guidelines on when it is acceptable to accept a gift, what is acceptable, and what is inappropriate.
- Shows how to prepare yourself, as well as your staff, for what to expect, and how to handle the unexpected with business finesse.
- Covers business etiquette in event planning crisis management situations.
- Helps you to avoid putting yourself and your company at personal and professional risk.
- Features real-life examples and situations, and advice on how to handle them with poise and professionalism.
- Includes a list of "Event Planning Do’s and Don’ts."
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The Ethical Cost of Doing Business
Chapter 2: Fair Competition
Chapter 3: Maintaining Ethical Boundaries
Part Two: Business Etiquette
Chapter 4: Business Etiquette, Protocol and Entertaining: On Your Home Turf
Chapter 5: Business Etiquette, Protocol and Entertaining: Out of Town or Country
Part Three: Codes of Conduct
Chapter 6: Codes of Conduct in the Office: Clients, Suppliers and Planners
Chapter 7: Codes of Conduct on Site: Clients, Suppliers and Planners
Chapter 8: Codes of Conduct on Site: Event Planning Crisis Management
Chapter 9: Event Planning Ethics, Etiquette and Essentials A-Z
Chapter 10: Event Planning Dos and Don'ts: How to Develop In-Office and On-Site Ethics and Business Etiquette Policies
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews