Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Treatment Planning DVD, Workbook, and Facilitator's Guide Set / Edition 1by Arthur E. Jongsma Jr., Timothy J. Bruce
Pub. Date: 06/01/2010
This first DVD in the Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Treatment Video Series offers step-by-step guidance on how to use the latest research in mental health treatment to inform the entire treatment planning process. In a viewer-friendly manner, noted clinical psychologist Art Jongsma (series founder and editor of the PracticePlanners® series) and Tim/i>
This first DVD in the Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Treatment Video Series offers step-by-step guidance on how to use the latest research in mental health treatment to inform the entire treatment planning process. In a viewer-friendly manner, noted clinical psychologist Art Jongsma (series founder and editor of the PracticePlanners® series) and Tim Bruce, Professor of Clinical Psychology, define evidence-based treatment, describing in easy to understand language, the levels of evidence criteria, and examining the essential elements of treatment planning. The DVD provides a succinct history and critique of the evidence-based treatment movement including therapist and client factors, outcome measurement, the therapeutic relationship, and transportability and applicability. Through the use of vignettes, you’ll get a sense of how to apply EBT in practice. Art and Tim walk you through the advantages of EBT for the client, clinician, agency, and profession are explored. The six essential elements of a treatment plan are discussed in a tutorial section on how to create an effective and clear treatment plan that brings benefit to the client, the clinician, the agency, and the profession. The companion workbook can be used in conjunction with the DVD to enhance understanding of the material. It includes transcripts of the vignettes, summary of key points, review questions, and additional resources. The helpful facilitator’s guide offers the practical information needed to create a development program, orientation, or course on evidence-based treatment planning.
After you watch this DVD you should:
· Understand how empirically supported treatments have been identified, what treatment approaches have been designated as empirically supported, as well as objectives and interventions common to each identified treatment.
· Know how to construct a treatment plan and empirically inform it with results from psychotherapy research.
· Appreciate the importance of therapeutic relationship factors in the delivery of an empirically informed treatment plan
Understanding and applying the information in this DVD and workbook will:
· Educate clinicians, administrators, and students about well-established, empirically-supported treatments
· Educate clinicians and students about how to construct a treatment plan based on empirically-supported treatments currently available
· Maximize the likelihood of client improvement
· Satisfy funding sources government, HMO, private insurance
· Offer a clear direction for therapy without losing sight of therapeutic relationship factors
- Publication date:
- Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Treatment Planning Video Series , #21
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.70(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >