- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Evidence Law and Practice consistently provides examples, practice hints, ...
Evidence Law and Practice consistently provides examples, practice hints, explanations and illustrations in the form of mini-transcripts. Each chapter begins with a checklist of important questions to be addressed for each subject area, followed by the pertinent provisions of the Federal Rules of Evidence, a subject overview, illustrations, examples, and problems. While appellate court opinions are not the primary text of this book, the ways that judges discuss evidence rules are important and a useful basis for classroom discussions. Consequently, many chapters provide a "library" of important opinions. Features of the Third Edition include:
• Reorganized hearsay chapters, reflecting the U.S. Supreme Court's most recent Confrontation Clause rulings;
• Additional text and problems focusing on the role of evidence rules in pretrial procedures;
• "Practical tips" illustrating how advocates can use evidence rules effectively;
• Enhanced opportunities for classroom role-play exercises;
• Explanations of the latest amendments to the Federal Rules of Evidence;
• Dramatic photo stills from courtroom films, and a variety of problems, including problems based on courtroom films (giving instructors the option to show the scenes on which the problems are based in class).
This eBook features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.