With humor and wit, James Brook writes clear and engaging introductions to the concepts and sources of payment systems, along with examples and explanations that illustrate their application. Examples & Explanations: Payment Systems, now in its Fourth Edition, provides a complete overview of its subject and the proven-effective Examples & Explanations pedagogy that allows students to test their knowledge and practice applying the law.
Updated throughout, the Fourth Edition of Examples & Explanations: Payment Systems features:
• the Examples & Explanations pedagogy—clear introductory text followed by thoughtful example problems with complete answers and analysis
• a disarming writing style with notably lucid explanations of complex and ambiguous areas of the law
• comprehensive coverage that mirrors the standard topics in most payment systems courses
• Article 3 of the UCC (negotiable instruments)
• Article 4 (check collection)
• Article 4A (commercial electronic funds transfers)
• credit cards and debit cards
• Refreshed and updated examples and explanations
Author of three popular books in the Examples & Explanations series, including Examples & Explanations: Sales and Leases, Fifth Edition and Examples & Explanations: Secured Transactions, Fourth Edition, James Brook brings a wealth of teaching and writing experience to each page. Anyone seeking a thorough overview of payment law—or practice applying the concepts—will find it here in the fourth edition of Examples & Explanations: Payment Systems.