- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In these pages, veteran mathematics educators Alfred S. Posamentier, Daniel Jaye, and Stephen Krulik present a treasure chest of ideas to guide new secondary math teachers through the challenging first few months and also provide more experienced teachers with interesting alternatives to familiar methods. The topics covered include
* The most effective instructional practices
* The best uses of the textbook
* Designing successful lessons
* Creating homework that promotes learning
* Incorporating challenge
* Teaching reasoning and problem solving
* Strategies for assessment and grading
* Specific innovative ideas for teaching key concepts
* Options for extracurricular activities
* Long-term professional enrichment and growth.
It's during the first few years of a teacher's experience that he or she develops the habits, methods, procedures, and techniques that tend to define a career. Exemplary Practices for Secondary Math Teachers provides both a foundation for excellence and a touchstone for years to come.