- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This essential companion to Fundamentals of Building Construction, Fifth Edition, involves students in the types of everyday issues faced by professional building architects.
Updated to reflect changes in the core text—such as compliance with new building codes and the use of MasterFormat 2004—Exercises in Building Construction, Fifth Edition engages students in hands-on application of the material learned. It features:
Complete with online resources for students and instructors, Exercises in Building Construction, Fifth Edition provides expert developmental guidance from the industry's leading authorial team.
1. Making Buildings.
1.1 Building Code Restrictions.
1.2 Green Building Rating Systems.
1.3 Observing Construction.
1.4 The Project Team.
2.1 Waterproofing and Drainage.
2.2 Soil Types and Bearing Capacities.
2.3 Foundation and Slope Support Systems.
3.1 Working with Wood-Part I.
3.2 Working with Wood-Part II.
4. Heavy Timber Frame Construction.
4.1 Heavy Timber Framing.
5. Wood Light Frame Construction.
5.1 Laying Out Floor Framing.
5.2 Laying Out Wall Framing.
5.3 Working with Pitched Roofs.
5.4 Designing Roof Framing.
6. Exterior Finishes for Wood Light Frame Construction.
6.1 Exterior Detailing.
7. Interior Finishes for Wood Light Frame Construction.
7.1 Proportioning Fireplaces.
7.2 Proportioning Stairs.
7.3 Platform Frame Design Project.
8. Brick Masonry.
8.1 Selecting Bricks and Mortar.
8.2 Brick Bonds.
8.3 Masonry Dimensioning.
8.4 Lintels and Arches.
9. Stone and Concrete Masonry.
9.1 Selecting Concrete Masonry Units.
9.2 Stone Masonry.
10. Masonry Wall Construction.
10.1 Movement Joints in Masonry Construction.
10.2 Masonry Cavity Wall Detailing.
11. Steel Frame Construction.
11.1 Steel Structural Shapes.
11.2 Steel Framing Plans.
11.3 Detailing Steel Constructions.
11.4 Steel Frame Design Exercise.
12. Light Gauge Steel Frame Construction.
12.1 Light Gauge Steel Framing Details.
13. Concrete Construction.
13.1 Detailing Concrete Reinforcing Bars.
14. Sitecast Concrete Framing Systems.
14.1 Sitecast Concrete Framing Systems.
14.2 Architectural Concrete.
15. Precast Concrete Framing Systems.
15.1 Precast Concrete Framing Systems.
15.2 Detailing Precast Concrete Framing.
16.1 Low-Slope Roof Drainage.
16.2 Low-Slope Roof Detailing.
17. Glass and Glazing.
17.1 Selecting Glass and Glazing.
18. Windows and Doors.
18.1 Selecting Windows and Doors.
19. Designing Exterior Wall Systems.
19.1 Rainscreen Cladding and Scalant Joint Design.
20. Cladding with Masonry and Concrete.
20.1 Masonry Cladding Design.
21. Cladding with Metal and Glass.
21.1 Aluminum Extrusions.
22. Selecting Interior Finishes.
22.1 Selecting Interior Finish Systems.
23. Interior Walls and Partitions.
23.1 Detailing Wall Finishes.
24. Finish Ceilings and Floors.
Detailing Floor and Ceiling Finishes.
Teach Yourself to Build.