Congratulations! You’re pregnant! Now, where do you turn to for the best advice? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those women who came before you—and combine it with the solid medical advice from a renowned Beverly Hills’ OB/GYN and nationally known pediatrician? Expecting 411 is the answer: smart, up-to-date and refreshingly free of paranoia, this is the book you’ll turn to for quick answers to your most pressing questions. Inside, ...
Congratulations! You’re pregnant! Now, where do you turn to for the best advice? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those women who came before you—and combine it with the solid medical advice from a renowned Beverly Hills’ OB/GYN and nationally known pediatrician? Expecting 411 is the answer: smart, up-to-date and refreshingly free of paranoia, this is the book you’ll turn to for quick answers to your most pressing questions. Inside, you'll find:
• Is this normal? From morning sickness to stretch marks, you’ll learn what’s expected—and what’s not.
• Is it safe? Sushi? Hair dye? Coffee? Get detailed do’s and don’ts.
• How much weight should I gain? Find the latest guidelines.
• Breastfeeding 101. Learn the secrets of nursing from an expert.
• Detailed advice on prepping for parenthood, including all the decisions you need to make. What tests are required? Are optional?
• Easy-to-find answers on natural childbirth, nutrition, epidurals, when to call the doc and more!
This brand new, revised 3rd edition of Expecting 411 features these updates:
1. New guidelines for child birth—why there are no more elective C-sections before 39 weeks.
2. Caffeine and alcohol: the FACTS on how these affect your baby and pregnancy.
3. The latest research on autism risk factors during pregnancy: What you need to know and what to do to lower the risks.
4. Home births: expanded info you need to make an informed decision on where to deliver.
All that and more in the revised and updated Expecting 411, 3rd edition.
“Unlike other pregnancy books, Expecting 411 gives moms-to-be the latest medical advice with a lighthearted girlfriend-to-girlfriend tone and accessible format. Dr. Hakakha and Dr. Brown—young moms themselves who offer both an obstetrician’s and a pediatrician’s perspective—answer all the questions that couples might be too embarrassed to ask, and empowers them with comprehensive information in a non-alarmist way.”
RN/OB phone nurse
- Nancy Edleman
“This is an impressive wealth of knowledge in a very readable, up-to-date style. This book answers all your questions clearly and precisely. It probably answers questions you haven’t even thought about yet! I see myself using this as a reference in my role as an advice nurse.”
- Paul Offit
“Clinicians talk endlessly about providing information that empowers parents to make the best decisions for their children. But the truth is few have the skills to do it. Dr. Ari Brown is one of a rare breed who has that gift.”
- Lawrence Platt
“Finally, a book for pregnant women and their families that’s accurate and informative without being stuffy or alarmist: hard to believe it’s written by doctors, but it is — and they’ve done a great job. It’s on target and will even make you laugh out loud at times (appropriately, though . . . )!”
Dr. Michele Hakakha is a renowned Beverly Hills OB/GYN. She was honored with the prestigious John M. Ohtani award for outstanding achievement in Obstetrics and Gynecology. The author of numerous articles on pregnancy, Dr. Hakakha received her training as an OB/GYN at Cedars Sinai Medical Center and has been in private practice for eight years. As a mom of two young children, Hakakha brings a down-to-earth, real-life take on being pregnant.
Dr. Ari Brown is a pediatrician, mom and best-selling author of Baby 411 and Toddler 411. In addition to being an official spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics, Brown is a well-known media expert on babies and has been featured as a regular guest on Rachael Ray and NBC’s Today Show. She is also a medical advisor to Parents Magazine.