Experiments in General Chemistry / Edition 9by Gerald S Weiss, Thomas G Greco, Lyman H Rickard
Pub. Date: 05/26/2006
Publisher: Prentice Hall
A comprehensive laboratory manual containing 39 experiments that parallel the text, including a final group of six experiments on qualitative cation analysis. See more details below
A comprehensive laboratory manual containing 39 experiments that parallel the text, including a final group of six experiments on qualitative cation analysis.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Catalyst: the Pearson Custom Library for Chemistry Series
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
1. Measurements and Density.
2. Formula and Composition of a Hydrate.
3. Physical Changes and Chemical Reactions.
4. Types of Chemical Reactions.
5. The Stoichiometry of a Reaction.
6. Identification of Common Chemicals.
7. Titration of Acids and Bases.
8. Gravimetric and Volumetric Analysis.
9. The Gas Laws.
10. Evaluation of the Gas Law Constant.
11. Thermochemistry: The Heat of Reaction.
12. Spectrophotometric Analysis of Commercial Aspirin.
13. Molecular Models and Covalent Bonding.
14. LeChatelier's Principle in Iron Thiocyanlate Equilibrium.
15. A Kinetic Study of an Iodine Clock Reaction.
16. Determination of an Equilibrium Constant.
17. Determination of a Distribution Coefficient
18. Weak Acids and Bases and Their Salts.
19. Determination of the Ionization Constant of a Weak Acid.
20. Investigation of Buffer Systems.
21. Determination of Acid-Neutralizing Power of Commercial Antacids.
22. Determination of a Solubility Product Constant.
23. Oxidation-Reduction Titration.
24. Electrolysis: Faraday's Law and Determination of Avogadro's Number.
25. An Investigation of Voltaic Cells - The Nernst Equation.
26. Determination of Water Hardness.
27. The Solvay Process: Preparation of NaHCO3 and Na2CO3.
28. A Penny's Worth of Chemistry.
29. Polymer Synthesis.
30. Preparation of [Co(NH3)5ONO]Cl2
31. Free Radical Bromination of Organic Compounds.
32. Paper Chromatography: Separation of Amino Acids.
Introduction to Qualitative Analysis (Experiments 33 - 38).
33. Group I: The Soluble Group.
34. Group II: The Chloride Group.
35. Group III: The Hydrogen Sulfide Group.
36. Group IV: The Ammonium Sulfide Group.
37. Group V: The Carbonate Group.
38. Analysis of Common Anions and Their Salts.
39. Vapor Pressure Determination — Intermolecular Forces
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >