- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In the world of design, projects don't come with directions. The "recipe book" approach used by most software books does little to prepare designers for the demands of a highly competitive industry. Exploring InDesign CS4 takes a different approach. With an emphasis on typography and critical thinking, Exploring InDesign CS4 transforms the novice into a professional who is able to use the software while applying industry-standard design principles. In addition to using the new features of Adobe InDesign CS4, users learn to identify each project's challenges and to strategize the best production sequence. Chapters and projects are carefully organized to move learners from basic operations to creating complex documents. Each chapter builds upon the skills presented in the previous chapter. As in industry, the emphasis throughout is on technical accuracy and productivity. Benefits:
• Effectively meets the need for a visually oriented introduction to basic design principles and the functions and tools of Adobe InDesign CS4.
• Project-based instruction teaches users the production techniques needed to build correct, editable, printable documents.
• Increases skill retention by revisiting core techniques again and again in projects throughout the book.
• Teaches typography in conjunction with the software as a cross-disciplinary approach that enhances learning.
• Supplemental projects at the end of each chapter provide opportunities for learners to apply new skills with minimal direction.
• The accompanying CD contains directions and all the necessary components for completing additional projects that correspond to each chapter's learning goals.
• Written by an author with extensive industry typesetting experience and more than 16 years of experience teaching digital page layout in a classroom setting.
1. The InDesign Workspace 2. Type, Tools, and Terms 3. The Fine Art of Setting Type 4. Combining Type and Images 5. Tabs and Tables 6. Grids, Guides, and Aligning Objects 7. Text Wrap and Layers 8. Type Continuity: Applying Styles 9. Page Continuity: Master Pages 10. Business Forms 11. Designing with Type 12. Color Essentials 13. Production Essentials 14. Basic Graphic Elements