1.Introduction to Medical Language and Online Learning
2.Body Structure, Color, and Oncology
3.Directional Terms, Planes, Positions, Regions, and Quadrants
5.Respiratory System and Introduction to Diagnostic Procedures and Tests
7.Male Reproductive System
8.Female Reproductive System
9.Obstetrics and Neonatology
10.Cardiovascular, Immune, Lymphatic Systems and Blood
15.Nervous System and Behavioral Health
Exploring Medical Language: A Student-Directed Approach / Edition 7by Myrna LaFleur Brooks
Pub. Date: 03/11/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
With Exploring Medical Language, 10th Edition, you can now master medical terms on your terms! At the heart of this one-of-a-kind learning package is an innovative worktext, which enables you to gradually acquire an understanding of medical terminology by first learning word parts and then learning how to combine the parts into full medical terms that make/b>
With Exploring Medical Language, 10th Edition, you can now master medical terms on your terms! At the heart of this one-of-a-kind learning package is an innovative worktext, which enables you to gradually acquire an understanding of medical terminology by first learning word parts and then learning how to combine the parts into full medical terms that make sense. Perhaps even better is the wide range of engaging online learning tools - tools like interactive games, puzzles, application activities, and on-the-go auditory reviews - that come with the worktext to help reinforce your learning and help you understand how the terms are used in the professional world. In all, this is the only resource on the market that incorporates all the proven methods for mastering medical terminology that work best for today’s learners.
• Systematic presentation of medical terminology provides a foundation of word parts (prefixes, suffixes, and word roots), then builds words by combining the parts.
• Comprehensive coverage of words that are built from word parts and other important terms creates a distinction between terms built from word parts and those not easily recognized as built from word parts and provides thorough coverage of both.
• Over 400 flashcards enable readers to review word parts when and where they want.
• Margin boxes detail important information such as medical terminology facts and tips, historical information, weblinks, and complementary and alternative medicine terms.
• Simulations of electronic health records familiarize readers with the growing use of EHRs in healthcare settings.
• AudioTerms study companion can be easily downloaded to portable media players and includes over 3,000 terms, each of which is pronounced and defined.
• Integrated online learning tools feature interactive games and activities, A+P boosters, career videos, and more that cater to the way today’s learners master medical terminology.
• NEW! Case studies introduce medical terminology in context and encourage critical thinking and information application.
• NEW! Adaptive learning, gradeable case studies, and audio reviews are now available in the online course to provide a complete learning experience for distance learners. For separate sale.
• NEW! Updated integrative medicine boxes introduce terminology related to integrative medicine (formerly complementary and alternative medicine).
• NEW! Pronunciation exercises focus on the importance of the correct pronunciation of terms.
• NEW! Updated terms and abbreviations reflect the latest advances in technology and the healthcare delivery system.
• NEW! Updated drawings and photos keep readers abreast of current technology and healthcare processes.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book, CD & Flash Cards, New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.42(w) x 10.86(h) x 1.66(d)
Table of Contents
1.Introduction to Medical Language and Online Learning
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Medical Terminology The way that this material is presented directs you to methodically and painlessly memorize and understand amazing amounts of medical terminolgy, with excellent results. I love this book!
Needed this book for school. At my college it was 120 and i got it for cheaper here, free shopping since im a member and it came in on time. Would continue shopping here
I ordered this book for rental and received very damaged flashcards that the book came with. I didn't however receive a book. I unfortunately had to order this book from another website and had to pay a fortune on next day shipping because I need this book for a class. I also rented other books from barnes and noble for this semester and one of those books happened to be damaged as well. I definitely will no longer being doing business here. Very disappointed.
Excellent condition, received a day late, but cheap price!
I have look at other Medical Terminology books and I have found this book to be the best. I like the layout of the book. I like how the exercises are presented.
We are using this book for a Medical Terminolgy class. The exercises are a lot of work but they've proven to be very helpful for preparing for tests and working in clinical situations. You will learn from the repetition!
I have been an instructor in Medical terminology for the past four years and have worked with many different text. I find that Exploring the Medical Language fits the needs to the students the best. It is an excellent resourse and I would recommend it to anyone learning or teaching the Medical language