- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Master the medical terminology you'll need for success with this easy-to-use, objective-based approach! Focused on medical terminology and vocabulary, Exploring Medical Language: A Student-Directed Approach, 8th Edition helps you understand complex medical terms using a proven step-by-step strategy, building each term from its foundation. With a logical, body-systems organization and engaging terminology exercises throughout, it's your key to communicating confidently and effectively with other health care professionals.
• Systematic approach to terminology equips you to recognize and define new terms as you encounter them and to build the medical vocabulary you'll need in the health care setting.
• Pronunciation key provides quick access to frequently referenced material.
• Case studies encourage critical thinking and challenge you to apply what you've learned to realistic scenarios.
• Complementary and Alternative Medicine boxes highlight words and phrases associated with this increasingly popular discipline.
• Terminology flash cards (409 cards)included with every book provide valuable review and self-assessment tools you can take anywhere for study on the go.
• Audio CDs, available at an additional charge and packaged either separately or with the book, help you perfect your pronunciation of difficult terms.
• Engaging study tools on a companion Evolve website reinforce your understanding through interactive exercises, the Body Spectrum A&P review program, and a 5,000-term English/Spanish glossary.
• Medical Terminology Online, available at an additional charge, gives you an enhanced learning experience with fully integrated online lessons, animations, slide shows, quizzes, exams, and more.
• Anatomy and physiology "boosters" on the companion Evolve website strengthen your understanding of important A&P concepts.
• Updated terms and abbreviations throughout the text keep you current with the latest advances in technology and changes in the health care industry.
• New illustrations clarify complex physiological processes and familiarize you with equipment you may encounter on the job.
Part 1: Introduction to Word Parts and Human Body Structure Chapter 1 Introduction to Word Parts Chapter 2 Body Structure, Color, and Oncology Chapter 3 Directional Terms, Planes, Positions, Regions, and Quadrants P
art 2: Body Systems Chapter 4 Integumentary System Chapter 5 Respiratory System Chapter 6 Urinary System Chapter 7 Male Reproductive System Chapter 8 Female Reproductive System Chapter 9 Obstetrics and Neonatology Chapter 10 Cardiovascular, Immune, and Lymphatic Systems and Blood Chapter 11 Digestive System Chapter 12 Eye Chapter 13 Ear Chapter 14 Musculoskeletal System Chapter 15 Nervous System and Behavioral Health Chapter 16 Endocrine System
Appendixes (Book) A. Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes Alphabetized According to Word Part B. Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes Alphabetized According to Definition C. Additional Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes D. Abbreviations E. Pharmacology Terms
Appendixes (on Evolve) F. Health Care Delivery/Managed Care Terms G. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Therapies H. Behavioral Health Terms I. Clinical Research Terms J. Nutrition Terms
Posted March 13, 2010
The way that this material is presented directs you to methodically and painlessly memorize and understand amazing amounts of medical terminolgy, with excellent results.
I love this book!
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted August 17, 2014
Needed this book for school. At my college it was 120 and i got it for cheaper here, free shopping since im a member and it came in on time. Would continue shopping hereWas this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted January 12, 2013
I ordered this book for rental and received very damaged flashcards that the book came with. I didn't however receive a book. I unfortunately had to order this book from another website and had to pay a fortune on next day shipping because I need this book for a class. I also rented other books from barnes and noble for this semester and one of those books happened to be damaged as well. I definitely will no longer being doing business here. Very disappointed.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted November 19, 2004
I have look at other Medical Terminology books and I have found this book to be the best. I like the layout of the book. I like how the exercises are presented.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted October 20, 2004
We are using this book for a Medical Terminolgy class. The exercises are a lot of work but they've proven to be very helpful for preparing for tests and working in clinical situations. You will learn from the repetition!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted May 14, 2003
I have been an instructor in Medical terminology for the past four years and have worked with many different text. I find that Exploring the Medical Language fits the needs to the students the best. It is an excellent resourse and I would recommend it to anyone learning or teaching the Medical languageWas this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted June 5, 2010
No text was provided for this review.
Posted March 20, 2010
No text was provided for this review.