Exploring Strategy: Text & Cases / Edition 9by Gerry Johnson, Richard Whittington, Kevan Scholes
Pub. Date: 08/04/2011
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Exploring Strategy offers an outstanding and engaging real-world view of strategy. It equips readers with a detailed understanding of the issues and techniques of strategy, using illustration and application to make sense of the subject. With unique and powerful learning tools such as engaging case studies, a new strategy simulation and video assignments/i>… See more details below
Exploring Strategy offers an outstanding and engaging real-world view of strategy. It equips readers with a detailed understanding of the issues and techniques of strategy, using illustration and application to make sense of the subject. With unique and powerful learning tools such as engaging case studies, a new strategy simulation and video assignments and having sold over 900,000 copies worldwide, Exploring Strategy provides a proven high quality resource that you can’t do without.
- Explore hot topics in cutting edge issues such as innovation and entrepreneurship, strategic change and acquisitions and alliances.
- Consider the 'key debates' and the different strategy 'lenses' to get new perspectives and set you on your way to better grades in your assignments and exams.
- Follow up on the recommended readings at the end of each chapter. They will enhance your learning and give you an extra edge in your course work.
- Put yourself in the driving seat with the Strategy Experience simulation, which gives you practical hands-on experience of strategic decision-making in organisations.
- Create a personalised study plan that identifies your strengths and weaknesses, then recommends a tailored set of resources that will help to develop your understanding of strategy.
- Download audio and video resources, including case studies on IKEA, Land Rover and the Eden Project, that put a spotlight on strategy in practice.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.60(w) x 10.40(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
1 Introducing Strategy
Part I - THE STRATEGIC POSITION
Introduction to Part I
2 The environment
3 Strategic Capabilities
4 Strategic Purpose
5 Culture and Strategy
Commentary on Part I The Strategic Position
Part II - STRATEGIC CHOICES
Introduction to Part II
6 Business Strategy
7 Corporate strategy and diversification
8 International strategy
9 Innovation and entrepreneurship
10 Mergers, acquisitions and alliances
Commentary on Part II Strategic Choices
Part III - STRATEGY IN ACTION
Introduction to Part III
11 Evaluation strategies
12 Strategy development processes
13 Organising for success
14 Leadership and strategic change
15 The practice of strategy
Commentary on Part III Strategy in Action
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >