DAVID NIGHTINGALE is a professional photographer whose work has been featured in numerous publications. He is co-director of Chromasia, a fine arts and commercial photographic company, and a teacher at the Perfect Picture School of Photography (www.ppsop.com). His photoblog, www.chromasia.com/iblog, has received numerous awards.
Extreme Exposure: Pushing the Limits of Aperture and Shutter Speed for High-Impact Photographyby David Nightingale
Tired of playing it safe when it comes to exposure? For many digital photographers, exposure starts and ends at f/8 and 1/125 sec. But there's a point at which this sensible combination becomes formulaic—boring even. Extreme Exposure is the antidote to this rut, liberating amateur shooters to explore the extremes of shutter speed and aperture to capture creative, stunning images.
• Use extra-short shutter speeds to freeze movement too quick for the human eye.
• Try ultra-long shutter speeds to capture low-light scenes, fireworks, and star trails in the night sky.
• Shoot with wide-open apertures and Lensbabies for pinpoint focus.
• Use ultra-small apertures for virtually limitless depth of field.
Packed with techniques and images from expert photographer David Nightingale, as well as standout images from contributing photographers, Extreme Exposure frees you to move beyond conventional picture-taking to capture images that will get noticed.
- Ten Speed Press
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.52(w) x 11.28(h) x 0.44(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews