This swatch kit is designed to accompany Fabric Science, 8th Edition, and supplements the study of textiles. Swatches represent the types of fabrics currently available in the textile industry and sold to apparel or home furnishing manufacturers. Straight edges facilitate fabric analysis swatch kit features.
Product dimensions: 11.40 (w) x 10.30 (h) x 2.10 (d)
Table of Contents
• 101 fabric swatches, including examples of denim, glimmer organza, seersucker, Supplex, upholstery velvet, non-woven interlinings, damask, drapery sateen, houndstooth suiting, terrycloth, thermal knit, rip stop, and pleather
• Twenty three-hole-punched, pre-printed mounting sheets to complete the following information: fiber type, yarn type, woven/knit type, dye/print type, finishes, and end use
• Key to Fabric Swatches that identify the swatches by number, fabric description, purpose of swatch, and fiber content
• Exercises that reinforce the assignments
• Sturdy, lightweight plastic ring binder that makes for easier storage and access and organizes assignments and mounted swatches