Dr. DAVID TOLIN is the founding Director of the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Institute of Living and an Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine. In the last few years, he has been a guest on Good Morning America, the Today show, and The Dr. Oz Show and also appeared on Oprah. Also the coauthor of Buried in Treasures, Dr. Tolin hosted the eight-part VH1 series The OCD Project and was a featured expert on the A&E series Hoarders. He has served as a scientific reviewer and principal investigator for the National Institutes of Health.
Face Your Fears: A Proven Plan to Beat Anxiety, Panic, Phobias, and Obsessionsby David Tolin
Reclaim your life from crippling anxiety with this revolutionary step-by-step approach Nearly a third of all people will suffer from severe or debilitating fears-phobias, panic attacks, obsessions, worries, and more-over the course of a lifetime. Now Dr. David Tolin-a renowned psychologist and scientist at the Institute of Living and Yale featured on such programs… See more details below
Reclaim your life from crippling anxiety with this revolutionary step-by-step approach Nearly a third of all people will suffer from severe or debilitating fears-phobias, panic attacks, obsessions, worries, and more-over the course of a lifetime. Now Dr. David Tolin-a renowned psychologist and scientist at the Institute of Living and Yale featured on such programs as The OCD Project, Hoarders, The Dr. Oz Show, and Oprah-offers help for nearly every type of anxiety disorder. Dr. Tolin explains what fear really is, why you should face-not avoid-your fear, and how to beat your fear using gradual exposure techniques. Practical action steps and exercises help you learn this unique approach to facing fear without crutches or other unhelpful things found in many other programs in order to achieve a life that is free of debilitating anxieties.
• Self-help guide that gives you the tools to take charge and overcome your fears
• Written by a leading authority on anxiety and based on the latest research
• Provides a practical, step-by-step plan for beating many different kinds of fears-including social anxiety, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and phobias Face Your Fears will change the way you think about fear and what to do about it. This up-to-date, evidence-based, and user-friendly self-help guide to beating phobias and overcoming anxieties walks you step by step through the process of choosing courage and freedom over fear.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- First Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.30(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >