- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
With the expert insight of leading coding educator Carol J. Buck, this complete exam review highlights the content you’ll need to master to pass the AHIMA CCS certification exam and take your coding career to the next step. CCS Coding Exam Review 2013: The Certification Step with ICD-9-CM features an easy-to-follow outline format that guides you through the anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each organ system; reimbursement concepts; an overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS coding; and more. Two full practice exams and a final exam modeled on the actual CCS exam simulate the testing experience and help prepare you for success.
• Companion Evolve website includes electronic practice exams that simulate the actual AHIMA exam experience to help you overcome test anxiety.
• Pre-, post-, and final exams allow you to track your learning.
• Answers and rationales reinforce your understanding of coding concepts.
• Updates, study tips, and helpful web links aid your understanding.
• Comprehensive CCS coverage highlights essential information for passing the AHIMA CCS exam, accompanied by detailed figures, for the most efficient exam review.
• Concise outline format gives you quick and easy access to content and helps you make the most of your study time.
• NEW! Facility-based coding activities challenge you to apply your knowledge to 35 realistic inpatient case scenarios, providing valuable practice and preparation for the CCS exam.
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
Unit 1: Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
Unit 2: Reimbursement Issues and Data Quality
Unit 3: Overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Coding
Unit 4: Coding Challenge
Appendix A: Resources (Web-Based)
Appendix B: Medical Terminology
Appendix C: Combining Forms
Appendix D: Prefixes
Appendix E: Suffixes
Appendix F: Abbreviations
Appendix G: Further Text Resources
Appendix H: Pharmacology Review
Appendix I: Practice Exercises Answers and Rationales