Guy Blissett leads IBM�s research of wholesale distribution industry issues, drivers, and challenges. He develops IBM's point of view on industry imperatives and engages with distributor executives to help them accelerate their organizational transformations. In 2010 Guy was named a Fellow of the NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence.
Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economyby Guy Blissett
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
�Facing the Forces of Change�: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy� is the ninth edition in a series that remains the only major research study to analyze the future of the wholesale distribution industry within multiple lines of trade. This series provides insights about the overall future of the wholesale distribution industry and the role of wholesaler-distributors.
This research report provides wholesaler-distributors with strategic insights into the key business and economic trends affecting the wholesale distribution supply chain through 2015. The four major trend areas are:
1. Differentiating with Analytics: Distributors need to embrace analytics, converting information into actionable insights. Distributors must also understand the organizational implications of analytics and ensure insights are implemented. 72% of distributors consider optimizing prices very important.
2. The Expanding Role of Services: Customers and suppliers are looking for services that reduce cost and increase flexibility. Service offerings must be viewed strategically and their financial impact understood so distributors can manage them for growth and profitability. 21% of distributors currently do business with who they consider highly unprofitable customers.
3. The Transformative Role of Information Technology: Information technology is an essential component of a distributor�s business. The importance of a sound IT framework is being recognized, as is its tight link to analytics, human capital, e-commerce, and collaboration. 40% of distributors plan ERP investment between now and 2015.
4. Leveraging Human Capital: Distributors must empower their workforce to form different kinds of relationships with customers and suppliers, and at the same time build the workforce of the future. 54% of distributors indicate industry consolidation having a very significant impact in 2015.
This report will provide readers with
� Provocative questions to discuss with your executive team as you look to assess and prioritize business and investment opportunities
� Deep-dive discussions of innovative and differentiating technologies and tools to better inform your investment decisions
� Expert perspective on key trends within the wholesale distribution industry and recommendations on how to turn those trends to your advantage
� New approaches to organizing and managing your business in light of the new economic environment
� Specific recommended actions for short-, medium-, and longer-term planning horizons
� Examples of leading practices in the areas of human capital, analytics, information technology, and services.
Our latest edition takes fully into account the economic turmoil of the past few years and discusses trends, implications, and opportunities for wholesaler-distributors. Use this report as the starting point for more substantive discussions with your management team�from your managers to your C-suite executives. These major trends are designed to pull you away from your company�s current events and consider the more complex issue of fundamental change at your firm over time.
- National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 2 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >