- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This new reference provides a broad overview of contemporary fashion accessories. Not only does the work focus on individual categories of fashion, but it also examines the components from which accessories are constructed. This encyclopedia is a comprehensive resource for anyone seeking information about fashion accessories.
* Components of Accessories: Textiles in Accessories; Laces and Braids; Leather; Furs; Feathers; Gems, Gem Cuts and Settings; Straw and Strawlike Materials; Closures; Embroideries and Sewing Stitches; Other Decorative Materials Used to Ornament Accessories; Other Materials Used in Accessories
* Accessories: Belts; Eyewear; Footwear; Gloves; Handbags and Related Accessories; Headwear, Veils and Hair Accessories; Hosiery; Jewellery; Luggage; Shawls, Scarves and Handkerchiefs;Ties and Neckwear; Umbrellas; Watches; Wigs and Hairpieces; Other Accessories
* Appendix A: Associations
* Appendix B: Bibliography
* Definitions of all the relevant terms for styles and features for each category of accessories and components
* Two major parts: Components of Accessories explores those materials from which accessories are made or with which they are decorated; and Accessories, covering all the major types of accessories
* Introductions with brief discussion of history and significance to fashion
* Structure is described and illustrated in an 'anatomy' section
** No review copies available for this title
Posted January 27, 2010
No text was provided for this review.