Read an Excerpt
Faith Lessons on the Early Church (Church Vol. 5) Participant's GuideConquering the Gates of Hell
By Ray Vander Laan
ZondervanCopyright © 2000 Zondervan
All right reserved.
Chapter OneSESSION ONE
Everything to Lose, Nothing to Gain
Questions to Think About
1. Take a minute to list what you find to be the most difficult places or situations in which to minister in the world around you.
2. What factors make it difficult to share your faith in these places or situations?
Galilee-Jesus the Rabbi Builds a Community of Followers
Caesarea Philippi-Jesus Asks the All-Important Question
The Mount of Olives-Jesus Delivers His Final Message
1. Note the region of Asia Minor on the map of the Roman Empire on page 16. Which characteristics of this area made it a seemingly unlikely place for Jewish disciples from Galilee to evangelize?
2. In what specific ways did Jesus the rabbi, through His personal relationship with His disciples, prepare them for their future ministry?
3. Why was it so important for the disciples-as Peter did in Caesarea Philippi-to affirm who Jesus was?
4. Why was it so important for the disciples to actually see Jesus ascend to heaven?
Excerpted from Faith Lessons on the Early Church (Church Vol. 5) Participant's Guide by Ray Vander Laan Copyright © 2000 by Zondervan. Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.