Falun Gong's Challenge to China: Spiritual Practice or "Evil Cult"? / Edition 1by Danny Schechter
The inside story of the Falun Gong crisis in China. Revised and updated for 2001!!! Danny Schechter's groundbreaking exploration of the Falun Gong crisis in China remains the only book-length investigative report on the subject.See more details below
The inside story of the Falun Gong crisis in China. Revised and updated for 2001!!! Danny Schechter's groundbreaking exploration of the Falun Gong crisis in China remains the only book-length investigative report on the subject.
- Akashic Books
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 5.40(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of ContentsAuthor�s Note
Part I: Report on the Falun Gong Crisis
Chapter 1 Understanding China
Chapter 2 From Cultural Revolution to Capitalist Reaction
Chapter 3 What Does Falun Gong Believe?
Chapter 4 Evil Cult?
Chapter 5 Li Hongzhi and the Falun Gong Network
Chapter 6 Promoting Falun Gong in China
Chapter 7 The Media Coverage
Chapter 8 A Tepid Response in the West
Chapter 9 Despite the Shameful Silence, Resistance Mounts
Coda The Vanguard of Change
Part II: Falun Gong Readings
Chapter 10 Timeline of Major Events
Chapter 11 Experiences of Falun Gong Practitioners in China Under the Crackdown
- "My Experience Inside the Detention Center"
- Internet Postings Continued
- Three Experiences at the Beijing Zhoukoudian
- Mental Hospital
- Rare Encounter
- "Mom Will Go to Jail for the Truth"
- Six Reports of Persecution in Zhao-Yuan City
- "My Trip to China�Days with Falun Dafa Practitioners in China"
- Letter to UN Secretary General Kofi Annan from Falun Gong Practitioners in Beijing
- Deligitimizing Falun Gong As an "Evil Cult"
- Discrediting Li Hongzhi
- Ridiculing Li Hongzhi�s Ideas
- Falun Gong Threatens Society
- Unmasking Li Hongzhi As a Criminal
- International Criticisms of China Are Hypocritical
- �The Practice of Falun Gong Has Harmed Chinese Citizens
- Falun Gong�s Organization Threatens China
- "An American Practitioner�s Story," by Gail Rachlin
- "Experience-sharing" by Practitioners in Russia, Germany, Sweden, Australia, and Canada
- Statements from American Practitioners
- "Falun Dafa�a Science of Body, Mind, and Spirit" by Jingduan Yang, M.D.
- Li Hongzhi Biography
- Interview with Li Hongzhi by Danny Schechter
- Amnesty International Report
- Statement by Human Rights in China
- "The Wheel of Law and the Rule of Law" by James D. Seymour
- "Unprecedented Courage in the Face of Cultural Revolution�Style Persecution" by Liu Binyan
- "For Whom the Gong Tolls" by Peter Carlson
- "Falun Gong and the Internet" by Stephen D. O�Leary
- Congressional Research Service Report for the US Congress by Thomas Lum
- US State Department 1999 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices: China
- Letter from US Congress to Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- Address to the UN Human Rights Commission by Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright
- Statement Before the Human Rights Caucus by Robert A. Seiple
- US State Department Response to UNCHR Decision to Adopt "No-Action" Motion on US-Sponsored China Resolution
- Letter to Falun Gong from the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Statement by Miles Kupa, Deputy Foreign Minister of Australia
- Excerpts from the Constitution of the People�s Republic of China
- New Legislative Resolution Banning Cults
- Selection from Falun Gong by Li Hongzhi (Chapter 3: Cultivation of Xinxing)
- Cultivation Practice Is Not Political
- Wealth with Virtue
- What Is Mi Xin (Blind Belief, Superstition)?
- Further Comments on Superstition (Mi Xin)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >