Part I: Report on the Falun Gong Crisis
Chapter 1 Understanding China
Chapter 2 From Cultural Revolution to Capitalist Reaction
Chapter 3 What Does Falun Gong Believe?
Chapter 4 Evil Cult?
Chapter 5 Li Hongzhi and the Falun Gong Network
Chapter 6 Promoting Falun Gong in China
Chapter 7 The Media Coverage
Chapter 8 A Tepid Response in the West
Chapter 9 Despite the Shameful Silence, Resistance Mounts
Coda The Vanguard of Change
Part II: Falun Gong Readings
Chapter 10 Timeline of Major Events
Chapter 11 Experiences of Falun Gong Practitioners in China Under the Crackdown
- "My Experience Inside the Detention Center"
- Internet Postings Continued
- Three Experiences at the Beijing Zhoukoudian
- Mental Hospital
- Rare Encounter
- "Mom Will Go to Jail for the Truth"
- Six Reports of Persecution in Zhao-Yuan City
- "My Trip to China—Days with Falun Dafa Practitioners in China"
- Letter to UN Secretary General Kofi Annan from Falun Gong Practitioners in Beijing
- Deligitimizing Falun Gong As an "Evil Cult"
- Discrediting Li Hongzhi
- Ridiculing Li Hongzhi’s Ideas
- Falun Gong Threatens Society
- Unmasking Li Hongzhi As a Criminal
- International Criticisms of China Are Hypocritical
- The Practice of Falun Gong Has Harmed Chinese Citizens
- Falun Gong’s Organization Threatens China
- "An American Practitioner’s Story," by Gail Rachlin
- "Experience-sharing" by Practitioners in Russia, Germany, Sweden, Australia, and Canada
- Statements from American Practitioners
- "Falun Dafa—a Science of Body, Mind, and Spirit" by Jingduan Yang, M.D.
- Li Hongzhi Biography
- Interview with Li Hongzhi by Danny Schechter
- Amnesty International Report
- Statement by Human Rights in China
- "The Wheel of Law and the Rule of Law" by James D. Seymour
- "Unprecedented Courage in the Face of Cultural Revolution–Style Persecution" by Liu Binyan
- "For Whom the Gong Tolls" by Peter Carlson
- "Falun Gong and the Internet" by Stephen D. O’Leary
- Congressional Research Service Report for the US Congress by Thomas Lum
- US State Department 1999 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices: China
- Letter from US Congress to Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- Address to the UN Human Rights Commission by Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright
- Statement Before the Human Rights Caucus by Robert A. Seiple
- US State Department Response to UNCHR Decision to Adopt "No-Action" Motion on US-Sponsored China Resolution
- Letter to Falun Gong from the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Statement by Miles Kupa, Deputy Foreign Minister of Australia
- Excerpts from the Constitution of the People’s Republic of China
- New Legislative Resolution Banning Cults
- Selection from Falun Gong by Li Hongzhi (Chapter 3: Cultivation of Xinxing)
- Cultivation Practice Is Not Political
- Wealth with Virtue
- What Is Mi Xin (Blind Belief, Superstition)?
- Further Comments on Superstition (Mi Xin)