- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Written by the best-known authors in the field of family and professional collaboration, this practical text instructs teachers and families how to empower, collaborate, and advocate for children with special needs. Families, Professionals, and Exceptionality, fifth edition, continues its tradition of discussing how members of families and professionals in special and general education and related services personnel can form lasting partnerships. The new edition has been reorganized for a better flow and to reduce redundancies.
PART I. THE FAMILY SYSTEMS PERSPECTIVE.
1. Family Characteristics.
2. Family Interaction.
3. Family Functions.
4. Family Life Cycle.
PART II. FAMILY ROLES POLICIES.
5. Historical and Current Roles of Families and Parents.
6. Policies Shaping School Reform.
PART III. Partnerships and Trust.
7. Partnerships as Archways.
8. Trust as the Keystone for Partnerships.
PART IV. IMPLEMENTING PARTNERSHIPS.
9. Communicating and Collaborating Among Partners.
10. Meeting Families’ Basic Needs.
11. Families as Partners in Student Evaluation.
12. Individualizing Education in Partnership with Families.
13. Supporting Students’ Individualized Achievement and Performance.