- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This fourth edition discusses the benefits and strategies for developing a strong collaboration among the family, school, and community to support children in today’s culturally diverse society.
New to this edition:
New Chapter,“Including Children with Disabilities”
o Emphasizes the impact of family, the school’s approach, and community support on the development of children with special needs. (See Chapter 6.)
More Applications and Implications for Teachers
o A new section, “Applying These Concepts to Your Work with Children and Families,” highlights the practical application of concepts discussed in each chapter.
o Updated vignettes of children’s real-life events.
o New and revised book and media resources.
New Reflection boxes in each chapter
Expanded coverage of timely topics such as:
o Diversity in American communities and homes
o Childhood obesity
Resources include an Online Instructor’s Manual, Online Test Bank, Online PowerPoint Slides, TestGen, and Online WebCT and Bb course cartridges.
1. Home, School, and Community Influences on Children's Lives.
2. Historical and Philosophical Perspectives.
3. Viewing Family Diversity.
4. Understanding Roles and Experiences of Parents.
5. Meeting Child-Care Needs from Infancy Through School Age.
6. Including Children with Disabilities.
7. Responsibility for Educating and Protecting Children.
8. Curriculum of the Home.
9. Curriculum of the School.
10. Curriculum of the Community.
11. Strategies for Working Together.
12. Models for Parent—School—Community Partnerships.
Appendix 1: Bibliography of Children's Books.
Appendix 2: NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment.