Read an Excerpt
THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT TWO-LETTER WORDS
If it is to be, it is up to me.
The simple but strong message of these 10 two-letter words is a personal favorite of mine. And since you've picked up this book, I know that you, too, are a doer and a dreamer. That's why the editors of Family Circle published this lively and fact-packed guide filled with outr best tips and tricks. We believe this bok will help make your life easier, better organized, and more enjoyable.
Since I've been an editor at Family Circle for more than 20 years, I've personallly benefited from hundreds of our magazine's most helpful hints and shortcuts.
I thought I'd share my five favorites with you.
1. Lost the back of a pierced earring? Break off a pencil eraser and use it as a temporary fix-it.
2. Can't find your car in a parking lot? (And you don't want to set off the alarm with your remote key.) Keep an old but identifiable hat perched on the shelf behind the back seat.
3. Ring marks on furniture? A little dab of toothpaste (not gel) does wonders.
4. Melted candle wax in pretty votives? Put glass holders in the freezer for a few hours; the wax will shrink and pop out easily.
5. Can't stand mosquitoes outdoors? Plug in a fan outdoors. Its gentle breezes will refresh you on a hot day while keeping those pesky critters away.
Tips and tricks can make all our days run smoother. But the best advice of all is to make time for fun and play. Remember: "Your life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once!"
Susan Ungaro, EDITOR IN CHIEF