- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Indianapolis, IN
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This outstanding, comprehensive review resource provides the necessary tools to prepare for the Family Nurse Practitioner certification exams with over 1,300 multiple-choice review questions based on the actual exam content and format.
Review or test-taking strategies are included in Chapter 1. This book also includes chapters reviewing important concepts related to Growth & Development and Health Promotion& Maintenance, key areas of content for family nurse practitioners. These chapters provide questions that test information related to growth and development, general health supervision, and health maintenance. The clinical chapters are developed using a systems approach, i.e., cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, etc. In each of these chapters, the test questions are divided into three areas: Physical Examination and Diagnostic Tests, Disorders, and Pharmacology. The last three chapters in the text are on Research & Theory, Issues & Trends, and Legal & Ethical Issues of nurse practitioner practice. The test questions in these chapters focus on professional competencies inherent in the role and function of the FNP. Every chapter in the text contains an answers and rationales section. Rationales are given for correct answers.
A new CD-ROM contains all of the questions from the book to generate an unlimited number of 175-question sample exams designed to match the length and question distribution of the actual FNP certification exams.
• Over 1,300 multiple-choice questions are accompanied by answers and detailed rationales for correct answers.
• The chapter on Test-Taking Strategies (chapter 1) uses test examples to guide readers through techniques to increase critical thinking, testing skills for paper and computerized tests, strategies for decreasing anxiety, and tips to improve study habits.
• Clinical chapters are divided into three areas: Physical Examination and Diagnostic Tests, Disorders, and Pharmacology for a comprehensive presentation that makes it easy to locate specific information within each system.
• Chapters on Theory & Research, Issues & Trends, and Legal & Ethical Issues provide information on professional competencies inherent in the role of the FNP.
• Questions cover the latest information on assessment, diagnosis, client education, planning and intervention, evaluation of response to health care, health promotion strategies, scope of practice, and ethics are included to mirror the content found on the exams.
• All contributors are certified Family Nurse Practitioners.
• A companion CD-ROM includes all of the questions from the book, and is able to generate an unlimited number of 175-question exams that mirror the actual certification test format.
"...a comprehensive test review that provides the necessary tools for the preparation of certification exams for nurse practitioners. Annotated Q&A format; covers assessment, pediatrics, health promotion, specific diseases & organ systems; ethics, trends "
1. Test-Taking Strategies
2. Growth & Development
3. Health Promotion & Maintenance
6. Immune & Allergy
7. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, & Throat (HEENT)
8. Integumentary & Childhood Diseases
12. Gastrointestinal & Liver
15. Male Reproductive
16. Women’s Health
17. Perinatal & Newborn
18. Mental Health
19. Research & Theory
20. Issues & Trends
21. Legal & Ethical Issues