Family Nursing: Research, Theory, and Practice / Edition 5by Marilyn R Friedman, Vicky R. Bowden, Elaine Jones, Elaine G. Jones
Pub. Date: 08/08/2002
This popular book addresses the full practice of family nursing—identifying the family as a whole—and teaches a holistic, philosophical approach. The reader is guided through generalized concepts and theoretical foundations, reality-based applications, case studies, thorough and updated discussions, assessment, and nursing diagnoses./b>
This popular book addresses the full practice of family nursing—identifying the family as a whole—and teaches a holistic, philosophical approach. The reader is guided through generalized concepts and theoretical foundations, reality-based applications, case studies, thorough and updated discussions, assessment, and nursing diagnoses. Well-organized and complete, this edition includes foundations in family theory and family nursing—essential in preparing a comprehensive family nursing assessment and planning appropriate interventions. A four-part organization covers introductory concepts, theoretical foundations of family nursing, family nursing practice, and cultural diversity among families. For pediatric nurses, nurse practitioners, family counselors, clinical nurse specialists, and anyone planning for a career in family or community cursing.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.80(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTORY CONCEPTS.
1. Introduction to the Family.
2. Family Nursing: Focus, Evolution, and Goals.
II. THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF FAMILY NURSING.
3. Theoretical Foundations for Family Nursing.
4. Structural-Functional Theory.
5. Family Developmental Theory.
6. Systems Theory.
III. FAMILY NURSING PRACTICE.
7. The Family Nursing Process.
8. Family Identifying Data: Sociocultural Assessment and Intervention.
9. Family Environmental Data.
10. Family Communication Patterns and Processes.
11. Family Power and Decision-Making.
12. Family Role Structure.
13. Family Values.
14. The Family Affective Function.
15. The Family Socialization Function.
16. The Family Health Care Function.
17. Family Stress, Coping and Adaptation.
IV. CULTURAL DIVERSITY AMONG FAMILIES.
18. The Latino Family.
19. The African-American Family.
20. The Asian-American Family.
A. The Friedman Family Assessment Model (Long Form).
B. The Friedman Family Assessment Model (Short Form).
C. Case Study of the O'Shea Family.
D. Family Nursing Process Example: The O'Shea Family.
E. Answers to Vignette and Study Questions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >