Maureen Taylor is an internationally known expert on photo identification. She has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, and on NBC’s Today Show, ABC's The View, and NPR. She is a contributing editor to Family Tree Magazine and writes the magazines Photo Detective blog, blog.familytreemagazine.com/photodetectiveblog.
Family Photo Detective: Learn How to Find Genealogy Clues in Old Photos and Solve Family Photo Mysteriesby Maureen A. Taylor
Historical family photos are cherished heirlooms that offer a glimpse into the lives of our ancestors. But the images, and the stories behind them, often fade away as decades pass - the who, when, where and why behind the photos are lost. In this book, photo identification expert and genealogist Maureen A. Taylor/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Unlock the Secrets of Your Old Family Photos!
Historical family photos are cherished heirlooms that offer a glimpse into the lives of our ancestors. But the images, and the stories behind them, often fade away as decades pass - the who, when, where and why behind the photos are lost. In this book, photo identification expert and genealogist Maureen A. Taylor shows you how to study the clues in your old family photos to put names to faces and recapture their lost stories.
Inside, you'll learn how to:
- Determine the type of image you have - from common paper prints to stereographs to historical daguerreotypes, ambrotypes, and tintypes
- Use clothing, accessories, and hairstyles to date the image in the correct decade
- Research photographer's imprints to narrow down when and where the photo was taken
- Compare facial features in multiple photos to confirm identity and family resemblance
- Interview family members to gather more information about the image
- Identify props in the photo to create context for the image
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 6 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
If you are a Genealogist this is a "must have" book for your reference arsenal! Maureen is the authority when it comes to identifying old photos, and in these pages she shares her secrets so that you too can become a photo sleuth!
Wonderful now I can date all of my old family photos. This book is very detailed on what to look for. I love it ! So get it now!